Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Plaza de España


After coming back to Sevilla from Cádiz, we walked home from where the bus dropped us off. On the way to my house (the long way), there's this amazing park called Parque de María Luisa. Just by the park is Plaza de España.




Plaza de España was built in 1929 for an exposition. To represent all the regions of Spain, there are these beautiful ceramic benches lining the building.





The Plaza is now used for government purposes.


There's kind of a moat that people can boat around, and there are the most beautiful bridges that go over them.


I'm glad we just decided to walk through, especially at golden hour.






I can see the towers of the building whenever I'm walking to and from the university.


At the entrance to the park.

Also, fun fact, the Plaza de España is featured in Star Wars Attack of the Clones when Senator Amidala and Anakin arrive in Naboo.




Yes, I am a nerd. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment