Sunday, September 15, 2013

Florence


We got to Florence and settled down in our hostel, Hotel Duca D'Aosta. I was really happy with where we were staying. It was really close to the train station and to downtown. My room was a single with a private bathroom, and everything was really nice. There was 3 euro breakfast in the morning, which was cool, because we were all broke.


We explored a bit, first stop being the cathedral with its famous Duomo. I had been there before, so it was cool that I remembered where to go. I still had my orientation after all that time.


Brunelleschi's Duomo.


We then walked to try to find Plaza de Michelangelo. It took a while, but we made it. There were tons of people there trying to get pictures of the city at sunset. It was lovely.




All of Florence.



The bridge at night over the rive.


The fake David where the original (now in the Academia) would have been. 

After wandering around a bit, we walked back to the hostel and got a good sleep before waking up to wander Florence's markets and going to Pisa.


No comments:

Post a Comment