Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First days in Grenoble

So these are some pretty old photos, but better late than never, right..?




My last time having Starbucks before going to France. I've got to put this in here; I had to wait a very long time to finally find a Starbucks in Lyon.  While French coffee is better (although Italians do it even better), sometimes you need a little bit of home.




























This one's cheating because I didn't take it. It's just good times. And the French know how the name is spelled. But anyway, last I left on the blog, I was just setting off on my journey.

Awkward yoga studio in the airport with no one there 

 I finally arrived in Grenoble and got settled in with the most amazing host mom EVER. This was my view. It wasn't epically looking over mountains or anything, but it was quaint, and I really liked it. It looked amazing when it rained, too.





Did you know that Grenoble was a site for the Olypics? This is the skating rink.  I walked by it everyday to get to the tram to go to classes.

It was in a really cool park that was almost always full of people, but still had quiet places if you wanted them. They had a FREE Mika concert here, too. One of my last nights in Grenoble some friends and I went here to watch the stars in the bleachers. I saw probably three shooting stars. Cool stuff, right?


Meeting other kids in the program for the first time. Everyone was amazing.



Pretty girl sitting on a pretty fountain. 
  

Some of the most beautiful passageways I've ever seen. 


Pretty girl in a pretty hat.


On the way to a market in Uriage with my host mom and her sister. Uriage is a town in the mountains by Grenoble. The market was filled with local produce for great prices....

And a lot of cheese. Like so much cheese. France has a ton of cheese.

Self-explanatory.

Really good boulangerie where my host mom got her bread and pastries. In France, although you can go to supermarkets, there are separate stores for everything.

Coming back from Uriage.


See you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment