Friday, September 13, 2013

Nice

It was then time to leave my home in Grenoble, I packed up my backpack (really surprised almost everything fit) and set off for Nice. I used a site called blablacar.fr to use a covoiturage instead of a train. It's a carpool site, so people list where they're going, you reserve a seat in the car, and you can just pay them online. Then you get a code from the site, give that to the driver after they've gotten you where you need to be, and you're all good. It's legit.
The people I drove with were really cool, and it was a cheap trip. They dropped me off in the main plaza in Nice, then I walked to my hostel. The hostel was pretty decent. I got kind of a average room, but for twenty dollars a night, it wasn't horrible. There were towels, places to lock stuff up, and a bathroom that six of us could share. The other kids in my group got really nice rooms that were like hotel rooms, so they'd probably recommend that hostel even more highly.
My first hostel experience was pretty good, I'd say. There were cool people to meet, the hostel offered free or cheap food, and it was right by the train station, which is always nice when moving on to your next destination. 


Nice was nice.

The sunset was beautiful.


The next day was spent at the beach. It was really rocky, but we laid out a towel (that I jacked from my hostel) and rearranged the rocks so they weren't too bad to lie on. It was super hot and sunny, so we went through a lot of sunscreen. 

One night we just drank by the beach and watched the sunset.

Our last night in Nice, we went to this club. It was free for girls with unlimited drinks until 1am. For guys, entrance was 10 euro, but a drink was included, and the girls would just keep going up to get drinks for them anyway. It was fun, but we had to wake up early to catch our train to Cinque Terre, so we left after the free drinks stopped.

We got up early, caught a train, and then ended up in a magical place called Cinque Terre....

No comments:

Post a Comment